Pre-Arrival Packet for 3-Day Silent Retreat
Silent Retreat Pre-Arrival Packet
We are very excited at the Samadhi Retreat & Meditation Center that you have chosen to spend a weekend here for SILENCE and meditation. We have made every effort to ensure your stay here is as beautiful and transformational as possible. If you have any questions before your arrival please feel free to contact us on facebook (preferred method) or email (also good) or as a last resort, call or text: 413-362-4161.
To honor the space and the people that will be attending and take full advantage of your silent retreat please review the following:
- Registration is from 6:00pm – 7:00pm on Thursday evening. Early arrival is encouraged, please let us know in advance so we can make plans.
- Please eat dinner before you arrive on Thursday evening.
- No Cell Phones, Computers, Music, Books, Cameras, Journaling or Pets.
- Please provide the following number for your loved ones to reach you in case of an Emergency: Center Phone 903-338-2404
- Because we are on a limited resources for bathrooms during the retreat please shampoo and condition hair beforehand, as we will only be allowed 5-10 minute showers during the weekend.
- Your cell phone service may not work in this area!!! Please print out and use the attached map for directions. In addition to the map you can use Google Maps GPS directions, if you try another GPS service you will end up in Palestine, which is incorrect. If you need additional help finding the retreat please call 903-752-3458. ***Note: Google Maps (only) is now correct and accurate to get you here: use address 17695 ACR 404, Palestine, TX 75803. We are 17 miles from Palestine, do not go to Palestine! See photo below for street view, continue 1/2 mile down dirt road and stay left after the gate.
- Bring loose comfortable clothing for yoga and meditation sessions.
- Bring a box or two of any kind of herbal tea to share (if you are a tea drinker).
- Bring Fun clothes for evening Satsang (Dancing & Singing)
- Bring a personal pillow and blanket and all the cushions you want for your comfort and warmth; you may also consider bringing your personal yoga mat, stadium chair, bug spray, hiking shoes, (swimsuit, and sunscreen as weather allows). We have plenty of towels (you will be reusing your towel all three days.)
- Bring a set of sheets for your bed, any size will work on twin air mattresses
- Please plan to arrive before 6pm during the dark months, as the Samadhi Retreat is hard to find in the dark the first time here.
- If you are "directionally challenged" please make sure we have your phone number in advance.
- Please see our FAQ page, for more information
- Co-Registrants: Because of the nature of a Silent Retreat, you will want an opportunity to allow the mind to settle completely including no talking, gesturing, or physical contact with friends or significant others. If your co-registrant is your significant other or a close friend, it is highly advised that you do not share a private room, this will be explained in further detail during the introduction on your arrival. Whereas, this is not a mandatory policy, you may want to take it into consideration, if purchasing private accommodations. CONTACT US for your options where this is concerned.
- FYI…There will be books, resins and other items for sale after the retreat …. Check or cash or credit card is acceptable if you desire to purchase any of these additional items.
We are looking so forward to seeing you here for this incredible event, and want your stay with us to be as comfortable as possible, please let us know if you have any questions or if you just want to talk about what you can expect. Please also see the Frequently Asked Questions and Reviews that previous participants have posted about Samadhi Retreats.
Lalla Dawn Breeze
and David Browning
Samadhi Retreat & Meditation Center
Print & Use Map:
Tyler Driving Directions: When driving to the Retreat from Tyler: Take Hwy 155 South past Frankston to FM 837 West, Travel on FM837 for 18.1 miles to ACR 404 (this is poorly marked but there is a yellow intersection sign prior to the turn and a small blue house on the corner, as you are making the turn you will see a small ACR 404 sign on the right hand side), Turn right (North) for 2.4 miles. You'll be looking for a brown 2-story house on the left side with a tin roof #17693, turn and continue down the dirt road 1/2 mile, through the gate and stay left to reach the Samadhi Retreat at 17695.
Dallas Driving Directions: Bring Hwy 175 SE from Dallas into Athens, Turn South on Hwy 19. Go 15 miles from Athens to Bradford on Hwy 19. Go East (left) on FM 837 for 2 miles, watch for small blue house on left with white sign out front at intersection of ACR 404. Go North (left) on ACR 404 for 2.4 miles. You'll be looking for a brown 2-story house on the left side with a tin roof #17693, turn and continue down the dirt road 1/2 mile, through the gate and stay left to reach the Samadhi Retreat at 17695.
Austin Driving Directions: Bring Hwy 79 North from Hutto to Palestine, take Loop 256 (left), exit Hwy 19 North, go 17 miles on Hwy 19 to Bradford. Go East (right) on FM 837 for 2 miles, watch for small blue house on left with white sign out front at intersection of ACR 404. Go North (left) on ACR 404 for 2.4 miles. You'll be looking for a brown 2-story house on the left side with a tin roof #17693, turn and continue down the dirt road 1/2 mile, through the gate and stay left to reach the Samadhi Retreat at 17695.